2023 Points System
Due to the 5D system, the point system has been modified. Each nominated horse/rider combination will be eligible to receive one year end award, not including special awards. Each nominated horse/rider will be responsible for earning duty points as is required and for meeting the minimum number of races as required. The points will be awarded as follows for the each of the 5 divisional placings:
1st = 10 points
2nd = 9 points
3rd = 8 points
4th = 7 points
5th = 6 points
6th = 5 points
7th = 4 points
8th = 3 points
9th = 2 points
10th = 1 point
Definition of Race Duties:
- Mark & set barrels—arrive early and set pattern for TO, re-set pattern for race. 1 pt.
- Remove barrel/timer markers and store barrels -- remove barrels and markers at end of race. 1 pt.
- Set up/take down electric eye—make sure eye is ready at the beginning of Time only and functional. 1 pt.
- PA system—set up, test, & take down 2 pts.
- Announcer-announce race order & times. No TO 1 pt.
- T/O ticket & gate person—manage TO in an orderly fashion—taking tickets, opening gate, managing members so TO are completed and race can start on time. This should be an adult member. 1 pt.
- Gate-Open and close gate, at Pavilion you must have two people. 1 pt.
- Rakers-two rakers at each barrel. If three are needed, the request will be made by announcer. 1 pt.
- Garbage Patrol-Gather garbage at arena site and parking lot. Place in appropriate area or remove with you. This job should be reserved for a younger member of our club with adult supervision. 1 pt.
Members will be responsible for:
- Signing “Duty Sign-up Board”, recording your name in the appropriate area
- Checking “Points Score Board” to determine your duty point status is correct.
The amount of points needed is determined by the number of horses that an individual nominates and how many divisions that same individual competes in. The rider/horse is eligible to win awards in each division that the rider/horse is nominated. If rider/horse competes in more than 1 division that combination is eligible for awards in each division. It makes sense that rider/horse combination should be accountable for a duty for each division competed in. For each nomination, the rider must have 5 duty points in order to be eligible for awards.
You must also help at a minimum of ONE fundraiser Classic Race to be eligible for year end awards.